I'm relieved to hear both that you managed to retrieve your content, and that you've migrated to Wordpress anyway. The way Google has treated you is appalling and yes, I quite agree that a phone number is not the best way to prove someone's identity, given privacy concerns (what's wrong with an email address?) In general, I dislike the way that Google deal with privacy, and how hard they make it for people to maintain multiple identities. I know that a lot of their employees are motivated by an honest desire to improve user experience but I don't really need my web use to be that joined up, and I certainly don't like not being in control of whether different web apps share my data between them. Monopolies are unhealthy, and I'm pleased that Blogger's behaviour is chasing people out into self-hosted, open source options. Of course, I already knew WP was far superior as blogging software, I just didn't have the motivation to spend the week or so I knew it'd take to get everything set up the way I wanted. I've added your new link to my blogroll - look forward to chatting to you in new kinky spaces of our own devising :)

Add your comment:

Post as:

(or log in to post with your own username)

(optional)

(optional)