I found this to be excellent introspection and quite relevant to something I'd been discussing with my wife and her other dominant recently. We all consider ourselves feminist in that we all agree that gender is certainly no basis for the assignment or expectation of power roles. This is something she's had to deal with, of course, being a feminist woman. But additionally, as someone with a background in psychology, I'm also interested in the ways in which the mind of a woman is "built" differently. I'm aware of previous research about physical differences as in the corpus callosum and how that might effect communication between left and right brain and the processing of emotions. And of course, one cannot separate out environmental differences that may have shaped the way girls and boys have been raised in our cultures. So often we're exploring the ways in which male submissives differ from female ones. However, beyond the intellectual curiosity, I truly admire feminist women who happen to be submissive and that choose to express their submissive desires and feelings, despite any risk of judgment from other feminists, or indeed, their own potential inner conflicts. And as a feminist dominant, I appreciate the encouragement to identify in this way - rejecting the idea that sometimes gets perpetuated that being a dominant man is about projecting "manliness". Geez, I wish I had my talk show going now and that you could be a guest on it :-) Ah well, so more motivation to move forward on it... Best Regards, Quai

Add your comment:

Post as:

(or log in to post with your own username)

(optional)

(optional)