Hi, As a woman, a fantasist and lover I find the topic of research fascinating.. I am interested, however, in why human beings fantasise, why we act out fantasies (or not), why some people have trouble telling fantasy from reality and most don't. I am interested in why some things turn me on and others don't but that my desires are different to other people's. In short I don't think that trying to explain differences in fantasies has to mean pathologising some fantasies as 'broken'. I see no reason to assume that fantasy about rape or control infers abuse or repression any more than it does a chemical reaction or something we haven't even thought of yet... Did the report break down its figures about gender-specific rape by sexual preference? What about trans-identified individuals? I would be interested to find out if there are patterns in who fantasies in f/f rape (which appears significantly less) and are they the same individuals who fantasise about m/f rape? So many questions.. I like the idea that patterns of sex-positivity and high self-esteem lead to better reporting of even extreme fantasies and I hope that studies like this can be encouraging to others.

Add your comment:

Post as:

(or log in to post with your own username)

(optional)

(optional)