Thank you for the review and thorough analysis. I had not heard of this book, and being a fan of curvy women, I probably would have wanted it. An important part of the reason I would want it would be to read the body-image positive attitudes that I would expect the protagonists to possess. I'm thinking, based on your impressions that I would be disappointed on that front. The other attraction would be the erotic writing. Seeing that Rachel Kramer Bussel was the editor, I would have assumed there would be more spanking-centered stories. But there again, I would have been disappointed. I am glad, however, as I suspect you are, that this is a sign of things going in a better direction in terms of fat acceptance. My own point of view is that fatness or leanness is only a very small factor in attraction. I find a model like Punished Brat's Pixie attractive as do I find Adele Haze attractive - their relative percentages of body fat being only additional details about them as people. What makes them attractive to me is their own particular "something special" that no one else has. (Not that either of them should need my gaze to feel attractive. I'm just illustrating with examples.) I take to heart as well, what you're saying about gaze and point of view in stories. I try to watch for bias myself in my own stories. I'm not trying to be exclusively objective, because I think a bias in the point of view in some direction adds a creative tension to a narrative. But my imagination for stories is built off of my love for film and television, so I try to make my descriptions simply capture the action, the scene, and the characters as "we see" them, allowing the reader (audience) to immerse themselves in what interests them most about what is happening. In the creation of "Dreams of Spanking" films, do you devote much time to gaze/point of view considerations? Or does the gaze naturally flow from the writers own gaze? Best Regards, Quai

Add your comment:

Post as:

(or log in to post with your own username)

(optional)

(optional)