An article that neatly mirrors a lot of my own feelings about naturism. I grew up in Scotland where the climate, both meteorological and cultural was less than forgiving towards naturism, but it was always something that I felt was part of me. And as I've travelled to other parts of the world I found that the UK was probably unique in its attitudes towards nudity. I've spent time in Munich and the attitude to naturism could not be more different. Nudity is fairly common there, with areas set aside in the city centre for naturism that are used by a considerable number of people. On a good summer's day you'll see thousands of naturists by Munich's river, and countless hundreds in other parts of the city where it is both allowed and openly practised. I've also hiked naked in the Alps, and the attitudes of the people we encounter couldn't be different. In Scotland we're always careful not to be seen when we're hiking naked, but in Bavaria and Austria, the people have barely reacted beyond a laugh and a comment about how sensible it seems on hot days. No one feels threatened or calls the police or gets angry. I can't understand the British attitude on the subject.

Add your comment:

Post as:

(or log in to post with your own username)

(optional)

(optional)