You did really well here - incredibly hard under pressure to think quickly enough to get the important points out and not stumble and you do a fantastic job of it. You were obviously very well prepared. It's a really good piece of advocacy. What strikes me is that most people watching won't really have had much of a grasp on what the legislation actually changes and the moderator doesn't really do a great job of giving a neutral and informative background, which I think is important as obviously as a panellist representing one side of the argument you don't really have the same capacity to lay out the facts without everything you say being challenged. I think your best moment was when you started to talk about how this is bad for women and I think a good angle to pursue in situations like this is to outline who is this good for and who is this bad for. You very often hear politicians trying to characterise their policies in those terms and I think it's because for people who are on the fence and not very well-informed, they might not immediately be sure where their sympathies lie when presented with the issues but they are more likely to know which groups they do or don't identify with. Most important is to come across more rational and less wacky than your opponent and you definitely win this exchange.

Add your comment:

Post as:

(or log in to post with your own username)

(optional)

(optional)